The SX-BR-4600WAN allows any Ethernet enabled device to join a secure, high-speed network. It is software transparent meaning no changes to drivers, management tools, or applications are needed.
It allows exibility to locate Ethernet devices in places where running cables is dicult or impossible. It supports industry leading security including WPA, WPA2, and WEP, plus 802.1x authentication with the most commonly used EAP types.
◊ Easily add robust, secure wireless capabilities to Ethernet devices Silex SX-BR-4600WAN is a high-performance wireless network adapter which enables any Ethernet device to become an 802.11a/b/g/n dual band wireless network device, giving you freedom to place it anywhere in your facility.
◊ Dual band IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n support SX-BR-4600WAN is designed to communicate in the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands. Radio interference in the commonly used 2.4 GHz band can be avoided by utilizing 5 GHz.
◊ Gigabit Ethernet support The wired LAN port supports 10/100/1000BASE-T (autorecognition).
◊ Two operation modes:
• Single client mode:
- Able to connect one device, connected to the wired LAN port of SX-BR-4600WAN using a LAN cable, to a wireless LAN
- Uses the MAC address of the device connected to the wired LAN port for wireless communications (MAC address transparency feature)
- Stops the bridge functionality when the device connected to the wired LAN port is replaced by another device (security feature)
• Multi-client mode:
- Able to connect up to 16 wired LAN devices through a HUB to the wireless LAN.
- Uses the MAC address of the SX-BR-4600WAN for wireless LAN communications.