Cisco WAP321 Wireless-N Selectable-Band Access Point with Single Point Setup with PoE
As business applications become more powerful and sophisticated, organizations are looking for new ways to extend the performance and reach of their office networks. Delivering secure, high-speed wireless connectivity to employees, partners, and guests anywhere in the office is key. The Cisco WAP321 Wireless-N Selectable-Band Access Point with Single Point Setup makes it easy to deliver advanced 802.11n wireless networking with business-class features – at an affordable price. This flexible solution is perfect for connecting up to 20 employees on a single WAP321. With Single Point Setup, the wireless LAN can scale up to a total of eight WAP321 devices to provide broader coverage and to support additional users as business needs change.
Built specifically for small businesses, the Cisco WAP321 offers selectable-band 802.11n wireless technology to deliver high throughput and extended range throughout your office. Advanced quality-of-service (QoS) features let you prioritize traffic to support bandwidth-sensitive applications. This sophisticated control enables you to take advantage of voice over WLAN (VoWLAN) to place or receive calls over the wireless LAN infrastructure.
Designed for growing organizations, the Cisco WAP321 offers the ability to smoothly scale your network by bridging wired LANs together wirelessly, to reduce cabling and installation costs. It supports multiple Service Set Identifiers (SSIDs) to enable you to segregate traffic for different departments, users, and communication devices.
For companies that need to provide secure wireless guest access, the Cisco WAP321 offers captive portal support that lets you create a wireless hotspot with visitor authentication.
The Cisco WAP321 is simple to set up and use, with intuitive wizard-based configuration to get you up and running in minutes. A sleek, compact design with flexible mounting options enables the access point to smoothly blend into any small business environment. Power over Ethernet (PoE) support makes the device easy to install without the need for separate power plugs or expensive new wiring.
To enhance reliability and safeguard sensitive business information data, the Cisco WAP321 supports WiFi Protected Access (WPA2), encoding all your wireless transmissions with powerful encryption. 802.1X RADIUS authentication helps keep unauthorized users out. Single Point Setup is a controllerless multi-access point deployment technology that allows you to deploy and manage multiple access points in a simple and cost-effective way across your premises.
Single Point Setup provides a unique centralized method to administer and control wireless services across multiple devices. Via one access point on the LAN, you have a single view of the whole WLAN to replicate configuration, security, and management across all access points.
With the Cisco WAP321, you can build on your existing network to deliver high-performance wireless access with
the scalability you need as your business grows and evolves.
● Provides selectable-band high-bandwidth 802.11n wireless connectivity for maximum performance
● Supports high-speed connections with Gigabit Ethernet LAN interface for demanding applications
● Single Point Setup simplifies the deployment of multiple wireless access points
● Bridges wired LANs together wirelessly to reduce cabling and installation costs
● Easy to set up and manage by using the configuration wizard
● Safeguards business information with enhanced security, including advanced encryption, secure authentication, and rogue access point detection
Single-radio Access Point
• Frequency- Selectable-band 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz (not concurrent);
• Radio and modulation type- Single radio, orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (OFDM);
• Operating Modes - Access Point mode, WDS bridging, Workgroup Bridge mode;
• WDS- Wireless Distribution System with Wireless VLAN map;
• WMM- Yes, with unscheduled automatic power save and voice profile;
• SSID- Multiple SSIDs = 8, SSID to VLAN mapping ;
• VLANs- 802.11n, 1 management VLAN plus 8 VLANs for Service Set ID (SSID);
• IPv6- IPv6 host support, IPv6 RADIUS, syslog, Network Time Protocol (NTP), etc.;
• Layer 2- 802.1Q-based VLANS, 8 active VLANS plus 1 management VLAN;
• Web user interface- Built-in web user interface for easy browser-based configuration (HTTP/HTTPS) ;
• Multi-Access Point Management- Single Point Setup, Maximum access points per
cluster = 8, Active clients per cluster = 80;
• Recommended user support- Up to 32 connected users, or 20 active users;
• Management protocols- Web browser, Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) v3, Bonjour, Remote management ;
• Event logging- Local, remote syslog, email alerts;
• Network diagnostics- Logging and packet capture;
• Web firmware upgrade- Firmware upgradable through web browser, imported/exported configuration file;
• DHCP- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol - CLIENT;
• MTBF - Mean time between failures = 492,281 hours;
• Physical security lock- Kensington lock slot.
• Power, • Wireless, • Ethernet
• Power On/Off push button
• Reset button
Data rates supported
• IEEE 802.11b/g: 11, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48 si 54 Mb/s; • IEEE 802.11n: banda 20 MHz / MCS15 / maxim 144,4 Mb/s; • IEEE 802.11n: banda 40 MHz / MCS15 / maxim 300 Mb/s. Vezi: MCS Index Table
• 10/100/1000BASE-TX Ethernet;
• DC jack for 12V DC power;
• Support for 802.3af PoE.
• Linux operating system
• Web-based configuration: Java-enabled web browser
• 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n wireless adapter with TCP/IP protocol installed per PC
Power over Ethernet (PoE)
● Switch/router with PoE support or PoE injector when used with PoE
• UL 60950-1, • CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 60950-1, • IEC 60950-1, • EN 60950-1
• EN 300.328, • EN 301.893 (Europa), • EN 301.489-1 si -17 (Europa)
POWER SUPPLY, ENVIRONMENT & DIMENSIONS
Power supply options
● Switch/router with PoE support;
● PoE injector when used with PoE (SB-PWR-INJ1-EU);
● 12V Power Adapter (SB-PWR-12V-EU).
Power supply type
Externă (se achizitioneaza separat)
100 ~ 240 Vca
50 ~ 60 Hz
Power consumption with PoE
0º ~ +40ºC
-20º ~ +70ºC
10 ~ 85% (fără condens)
5 ~ 90% (fără condens)
Equipment dimensions (w x h x d)
169,08 x 35 x 169,42 mm
● Cisco WAP321 Wireless-N Selectable-Band Access Point with Single Point Setup;
● Ceiling/wall mounting kit;
● User guide on CD-ROM;
● Quick-start guide;
● Ethernet network cable.
OSI - Open Systems Interconnection - Standard ISO/IEC 7498-1 (vezi OSI Model);
OSI Model - Open Systems Interconnection Model: este un model conceptual care caracterizează și standardizează funcțiile interne ale sistemului de comunicații în rețea IT, prin divizare în straturi (layers) funcționale. Arhitectura OSI este următoarea: Strat 1 = Physical layer, Strat 2 = Data link layer, Strat 3 = Network layer, Strat 4 = Transport layer, Strat 5 = Session layer, Strat 6 = Presentation layer, Strat 7 = Application layer;
PoE - Power-over-Ethernet - Sistem de alimentare (48 Vcc) al dispozitivelor conectate în rețea de calculatoare, print intermediul cablurilor de interfață Ethernet (conector tip RJ-45);