In an increasingly mobile workplace, providing secure, high-speed wireless connectivity to employees and guests is more important than ever. The Cisco WAP121 Wireless-N Access Point with Single Point Setup is an easy, affordable way to improve the performance and reach of your small business network with advanced 802.11n wireless technology. This flexible solution is ideal for connecting up to 10 employees on a single access point. With Single Point Setup controllerless multi-access point deployment technology, the wireless LAN can scale up to four WAP121s to provide broader coverage and support additional users as business needs change.
Designed for performance-intensive applications, the Cisco WAP121 employs 802.11n wireless technology to deliver high throughput and extended range throughout your office. It features built-in quality-of-service (QoS) features that let you prioritize bandwidth-sensitive traffic, enabling the deployment of business-quality voice over IP (VoIP) and video applications.
The Cisco WAP121 is simple to set up and use, with intuitive wizard-based configuration to get you up and running in minutes. A sleek, compact design with flexible mounting options enables the access point to smoothly blend into any small business environment. Support for PoE makes the device easy to install without the need for separate power plugs or expensive new wiring.
To enhance reliability and safeguard sensitive business information, the Cisco WAP121 supports both Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) and Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA2), encoding all your wireless transmissions with powerful encryption. In addition, 802.1X RADIUS authentication helps keep unauthorized users out. For organizations that need to provide secure wireless access to employees, customers, and partners, it also provides support for separate virtual networks, with granular configuration options that let you provide the appropriate level of access for different users.
Single Point Setup provides a unique centralized method to administer and control wireless services across multiple access points. Via one access point on the LAN you have a single view of the whole WLAN to replicate configuration, security, and management across all access points.
With the Cisco WAP121, you can extend highly secure business-class wireless networking anywhere in the office, with the reliability and flexibility to meet changing business needs.
Secure, Easy-to-Deploy, Affordable Wireless-N Connectivity:
• Provides affordable high-bandwidth 802.11n wireless connectivity for demanding applications
• Easy to set up and manage by using the configuration wizard
• Single Point Setup simplifies the deployment of multiple wireless access points
• Safeguards business information with enhanced security, including advanced encryption, highly secure authentication, and rogue access point detection
• Attractive design with internal antennas offers flexible installation options
• Can connect to a Power over Ethernet (PoE) switch or injector, simplifying installation and eliminating the need for expensive additional wiring.
● Highly secure, high-speed 802.11n wireless networking delivers enhanced throughput and extended range
for bandwidth-intensive applications.
● Wizard-based setup and configuration enables fast, simple deployment.
● Single Point Setup controllerless multi-access point deployment and management technology makes
● Robust security, including WPA2, 802.1X with RADIUS secure authentication, and rogue access point
detection, helps protect sensitive business information.
● Support for PoE enables easy installation without expensive additional wiring.
● Workgroup Bridge mode lets you expand your network by wirelessly connecting to a second
● Elegant, compact design with internal antennas and versatile mounting kit enables installation on a ceiling,
wall, or desktop.
● Intelligent QoS prioritizes network traffic to help keep critical network applications running at
● Power-saving sleep mode and port control features help maximize energy efficiency.
● Highly secure guest access enables safe wireless connectivity for visitors.
● Support for IPv6 lets you deploy future networking applications and operating systems without
Dual-band, Single-radio Access Point
• Frequency- Single-band 2.4 GHz;
• Radio and modulation type- Single radio, orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (OFDM);
• Operating Modes - Access Point mode, WDS bridging, Workgroup Bridge mode;
• WDS- Wireless Distribution System with Wireless VLAN map;
• WMM- Yes, with unscheduled automatic power save and voice profile;
• SSID- Multiple SSIDs = 4, SSID to VLAN mapping ;
• VLANs- 1 management VLAN plus 4 VLANs for Service Set ID (SSID);
• IPv6- IPv6 host support, IPv6 RADIUS, syslog, Network Time Protocol (NTP), etc.;
• Layer 2- 802.1Q-based VLANS, 4 active VLANS plus 1 management VLAN;
• Web user interface- Built-in web user interface for easy browser-based configuration (HTTP/HTTPS) ;
• Multi-Access Point Management- Single Point Setup, Maximum access points per
cluster = 4, Active clients per cluster = 40;
• Recommended user support- Up to 16 connected users, or 10 active users;
• Management protocols- Web browser, Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) v3, Bonjour, Remote management ;
• Event logging- Local, remote syslog, email alerts;
• Network diagnostics- Logging and packet capture;
• Web firmware upgrade- Firmware upgradable through web browser, imported/exported configuration file;
• DHCP- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol - CLIENT;
• MTBF - Mean time between failures = 531,189 hours;
• Physical security lock- Kensington lock slot.
• Power, • Wireless, • Ethernet
• Power On/Off push button
• Reset button
Rata transfer date
• IEEE 802.11b/g: 11, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48 si 54 Mb/s; • IEEE 802.11n: banda 20 MHz / MCS15 / maxim 144,4 Mb/s; • IEEE 802.11n: banda 40 MHz / MCS15 / maxim 300 Mb/s. Vezi: MCS Index Table
• 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX Ethernet;
• DC jack for 12V DC power;
• Support for 802.3af PoE.
• Linux operating system
● 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n wireless adapter with TCP/IP protocol installed per PC
● Web-based configuration: Java-enabled web browser
Power over Ethernet (PoE)
● Switch/router with PoE support or PoE injector when used with PoE
• UL 60950-1, • CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 60950-1, • IEC 60950-1, • EN 60950-1
• EN 300.328, • EN 301.893 (Europa), • EN 301.489-1 si -17 (Europa)
ALIMENTARE, MEDIU & DIMENSIUNI
Tip sursă alimentare
100 ~ 240 Vca
Frecventă curent alternativ
50 ~ 60 Hz
Putere maximă distribuită pe linie
Putere consumată PoE
0ş ~ +40şC
-20ş ~ +70şC
10 ~ 85% (fără condens)
5 ~ 90% (fără condens)
Dimensiuni echipament (L x H x A)
124,17 x 35 x 124,17 mm
PRODUSUL LIVRAT INCLUDE:
● Cisco WAP121 Wireless-N Access Point with Single Point Setup
● Ceiling/wall mounting kit
● User guide on CD-ROM
● Quick-start guide
● Ethernet network cable
● 12V, 0.5A power supply
OSI - Open Systems Interconnection - Standard ISO/IEC 7498-1 (vezi OSI Model);
OSI Model - Open Systems Interconnection Model: este un model conceptual care caracterizează și standardizează funcțiile interne ale sistemului de comunicații în rețea IT, prin divizare în straturi (layers) funcționale. Arhitectura OSI este următoarea: Strat 1 = Physical layer, Strat 2 = Data link layer, Strat 3 = Network layer, Strat 4 = Transport layer, Strat 5 = Session layer, Strat 6 = Presentation layer, Strat 7 = Application layer;
PoE - Power-over-Ethernet - Sistem de alimentare (48 Vcc) al dispozitivelor conectate în rețea de calculatoare, print intermediul cablurilor de interfață Ethernet (conector tip RJ-45);