Cisco 10GBASE SFP+ Modules
The Cisco® 10GBASE SFP+ modules offer customers a wide variety of 10 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity options for data center, enterprise wiring closet, and service provider transport applications.
Main features of Cisco 10GBASE SFP+ modules include:
● Smallest 10G form factor
● Supports 10GBASE Ethernet and OTU2/OTU2e
● Hot-swappable input/output device that plugs into an Ethernet SFP+ port of a Cisco switch
● Provides flexibility of interface choice
● Supports “pay-as-you-populate” model
● Supports digital optical monitoring capability
● Supports the Cisco quality identification (ID) feature that enables a Cisco switch to identify whether the
module is certified and tested by Cisco
● Optical interoperability with 10GBASE XENPAK, 10GBASE X2, and 10GBASE XFP interfaces on the
Cisco SFP+ Copper Twinax direct-attach cables are suitable for very short distances and offer a cost-effective way to connect within racks and across adjacent racks. Cisco offers passive Twinax cables in lengths of 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3 and 5 meters, and active Twinax cables in lengths of 7 and 10 meters.